With eight days left of my Affinity Designer free trial I want to try out as many different design concepts as I can. Today I have used one of my art therapy paintings as a design base.
depicting how the mechanical and structural landscape impacted my space, watching through bloodied hollow eyes; fire and smoke filling the sky, blocking the escape route
- opened image of painting into ‘designer’ program
- opened a new blank layer on which to create drawn image
- used blocked shapes and colour fill to add tower blocks
- added colour wash to create sky
- added colour wash with gradient filter to create road surface
- used trapezium and triangle shape tools to add pathway features
- used rectangle shape tool and gradient colour fill to create building at end of pathway
- used paint brush tool to add colour streamers to sky
- selected red lines in pathway and used bevel filter to create depth
- used segment shape tool to create windows
- used rectangle shape tool to add door to rear building
- used blur filter tool to alter shape and opacity of sky streamers
Final result is more optimistic: spacious and colourful, full of possibility and optimism, windows shining out with welcoming light.
If only to rework dark-day creations into visions of hope, I feel that today’s exercise has been fruitful.