However you say it – this is a universal truth: Health Matters. For you, your nearest and dearest, the wider community, and globally.
Health issues are many and various:
- so obvious it’s nigh impossible to not notice; others hidden, secretive, invisible
- some will raise high levels of sympathy while others may cause revulsion and repugnance
- some appear trivial, others life-changing
- physical / emotional / mental / neurological
- known worldwide / experienced by a very small percentage of people
My own understanding of health matters goes back over many years and this is why I want to share my experiences with others. If it only opens up knowledge or a greater understanding to a handful of individuals then I’ll be happy. Over almost seven decades I have come head-to-head with:
- depression with psychosis and anxiety
- Borderline Personality Disorder
- bi-polar 1 (with psychosis)
- Sensory Integration Dysfunction with balance problems
- carpal tunnel syndrome and severe foot pain
There have been too many hospital admissions, too many treatments, and too much time wasted for my liking.
But hey! I’m still here and I have achieved over those same years.
So please, take what you can from my experience, and perhaps you would like to share your own to open up the conversation.